Useful job boards for technical positions
These job boards are well known by technologists. Consider posting your job announcement on a few of them.
- Code for America job board: This job board is free, and hits an interested audience. The number of jobs posted there at one one time is not overwhelming. The current job postings there are mostly in design & software development, but if that’s not exactly the type of position you’re looking to fill, it may help you stand out.
- Hacker News: Hacker News is another great resource that has yielded results for USDS. They post a “Who is hiring?” topic on the 1st of each month, so try to time your posting to be open on or right after that date.
- OpenGov jobs: Announcements to this group are appropriate if you’re supportive of openness (e.g. open data, open processes, etc.) and accountability, which we hope you are!
- Design Gigs for Good: This well-curated list of design positions is maintained by former members of USDS.
- Women Who Code: Job postings on this widely known community job site are $200.