In August 2020, USDS, OPM, and the Chief Data Officer council initiated the multi-agency Data Science Hiring Action Pilot using the SME-QA process. Ten federal agencies (16 components) initially participated, followed by selections from more agencies. The CDO council published the results of the action in June 2021 and the cert is available for selections until Spring 2022.
By the numbers
- Department of Agriculture
- Census Bureau
- Department of Commerce
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- General Services Administration
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Homeland Security
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commisssion
- National Science Foundation
- Office of Personnel Management
- Department of State
- Department of Transportation
- Department of the Treasury
- United States Agency for International Development
- Department of Veterans Affairs
Data Scientist - GS-13/14 - 0343 series
- 513 applicants applied in two days.
- USDS made a micro-site explaining this job.
Subject matter experts
23 data scientists from eleven agencies came together to evaluate applicants to the Data Scientist positions.