Recent changes to this site
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
The format is based on Keep a Changelog.
2.5.1 - 2020-07-29
- Mainly cosmetic changes to the home page and footer.
2.5.0 - 2020-07-21
This release updates the site with changes made to the process in order to support the 2nd round of pilots.
- The option to use the Resume Review Tool for reviewing resumes.
- Resume review results templates in Excel.
- Note that SMEs cannot apply for the job they are reviewing.
- Standard Operating Procedures for setting up manual assessment in USA Staffing.
- A note for USA Staffing customers on how to pull baseline data.
- Assessment strategy page now discuss additional assessments.
- Diagrams now reflect that assessments do not have to be 2 phone interviews.
2.4.1 - 2019-11-06
This release updates the Case Studies section to Results and updates the result metrics.
- GSA from case studies. We’ll re-add GSA once their hiring action is complete.
- Updated stats in the results section for HHS and DOI now that additional selections have been made.
2.4.0 - 2019-10-04
This release adds materials to the toolkits for the Job Analysis and Interview Assessment phases. It also adds small clarifications to the Job Analysis and Job Announcement phases.
- Toolkit items for the Job Analysis Workshop phase, including Day 1 and Day 2 presentation templates, as well as a Microsoft Word version of sample competencies, proficiencies, and interview questions to be handed out during the workshop as supporting material.
- Toolkit items for the Phone Interview Assessment phase, including a training presentation template, template emails to be sent to solicit and confirm available interview times with SMEs and applicants, and worksheets for people scheduling interviews to aid them in the task.
- Brief clarification to the Job Analysis phase that SMEs should consider qualities that fall under EQ when creating competencies.
- Brief clarification to the Job Announcement phase that the occupational questionnaire is still used for biographical information, but not for the self-rated assessment.
- HTML versions of the sample competencies, proficiencies, and interview questions (replaced with downloadable Microsoft Word versions).
- Updated guidance for conducting a job analysis workshop and scheduling phone assessment interviews to include links to template items in the toolkit for that phase.
2.3.0 - 2019-09-09
Assessment Strategy Toolkit and Proficiency Level Updates: This release updates the toolkit for the Assessment Strategy to make basic clarifications. It also updates guidance throughout the site about defining four different proficiency levels per competency to instead specify two proficiency levels intended to define whether an applicant meets or exceeds qualifications only.
- Updated language in downloadable “Understanding the Process” PDF based on feedback from OPM.
- Replaced mentions of “OPM Pilot” throughout the toolkit to use the new OPM-approved SME-QA process name.
- Replaced image in downloadable “Assessment Strategy” document to match most current design.
- Changed interview template to specify two proficiency levels instead of four
- Changed all guidance within “Job Analysis” and “Phone Assessment Interviews” to specify only two proficiency levels.
2.2.0 - 2019-08-27
General Polish Release
- Rendered reusable short description text for each topic within the topic itself.
- Included additional context around the downsides of limiting reviewed applications to 100 on the “Creating a Job Announcement on USAJOBS” page.
- Removed the home page graphic that describes baseline data as a means of demonstrating the problem being solved. To be replaced with new information in a new design at a later time.
- Removed a section on the “Understanding the Process” page about SME assessments that was repetitive of information that followed it.
- Replaced the home page introduction with a new description of the hiring process.
- Refined copy throughout the site for better readability.
- Updated language on “Understanding the Process” page based on feedback from OPM.
- Site navigation and copy updates to use the new OPM-approved Subject Matter Expert Qualification Assessment (SME-QA) process name.
2.1.0 - 2019-07-12
This version represents added and removed information about the Phone Assessment Interview phase.
- “Training SMEs to Conduct Interviews” page added to Phone Assessment Interview phase.
- “Guidance on Personal Relationships with Applicants” added to toolkit.
- “Calculating and Applicant’s Final Assessment Rating” added to Reviewing SME Assessments page.
- Guidance on determining interview groups added to “Scheduling Interviews with Applicants” page.
- Removed information about interview tiebreakers throughout site.
2.0.0 - 2019-07-12
This version represents significant changes to hiring phases, including breaking out the Assessment Strategy into a distinct phase.
- Assessment Strategy as a distinct hiring phase.
- Breadcrumbs now have index pages for each hiring phase.
- Created an overall toolkit index page.
- Resume Review Instructions Document added to toolkit.
- “Selecting SMEs” to Getting Started
- Phone Interview Template added to toolkit.
- Getting Started revamped.
- Interviews section revamped.
- Updated Case Study numbers of DOI.
- Moved toolkit content to a new path.
- Rating Guide items updated then moved to belong to the appropriate hiring phase in the toolkit.
- Moved all agendas and templates to toolkit.
1.0.0 - 2019-07-02
- This changelog!
- Breadcrumbs on hiring phase pages.
- New toolkit content.
- Revised the getting started, job analysis, job announcement, and reviewing resumes pages.
- Moved metadata on top of toolkit
- Updated all intro text in hiring phases.
- Links to role-specific index pages as the content there is out-of-date.